- PREP TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
WITHHemp Seed Pesto
Caprese Panini?! Count us in! 🙋🏼♀️ Fun fact – the name “Caprese” comes from the Italian island Capri. For our founder Karlene Karst, Capri is not only a beautiful place to visit but also a very special part of her family ❤️
The red, white and green ingredients we see in Caprese foods pay tribute to the Italian flag 🇮🇹 and if you ask us, you really can’t go wrong with tomatoes, mozzarella and greens 🌱 We hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do!
By Karlene Karst
2 slices sourdough bread
2 tbsp Verily Hemp Seed Pesto
1 tomato, sliced
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
2 tbsp butter, softened
- Lay bread on cutting board, generously spread butter on top. Flip over (those will be the sides that get grilled).
- Spread a layer on Verily pesto on one side.
- Layer tomato, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Add a layer of arugula and close the sandwich.
- Heat fry pan (or use a panini press if you have one) over medium heat. Add butter/olive oil. When warm add sandwich. Cover to help melt the cheese faster. When one side is golden, flip to cook the other.
- Remove from fry pan, transfer to cutting board and slice in half. Enjoy!