- PREP TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Skillet Cashew Alfredo Mushroom Lasagna
Can I get a yes and yes for one pot plant rich delicious meals!!! 🙋🏼♀️
This mushroom skillet lasagna made with our super duper flavour-packed and nutritious cashew Alfredo will elevate your plant-rich dinner! When you set this beauty pot on the table everyone will be reaching!!!
Wishing you a healthy meal time filled with nourishment and gratitude!
By Karlene Karst
5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
12 oz. mixed mushrooms (such as maitake, oyster, shiitake, and/or crimini) – trimmed and torn into 1″ pieces
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp thyme leaves
1 large shallot, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic
2 pouches of Verily Kitchen Cashew Alfredo
1 cup of water
Freshly ground pepper
8 oz. regular lasagna noodles, broken in half
4 oz. mozzarella, thinly sliced
Finely grated Parmesan Cheese (for serving)
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large high-sided ovenproof skillet or small Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, until starting to golden brown, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown for 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; mix in thyme.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in skillet. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring until starting to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 pouches of Cashew Alfredo sauce, 1 cup of water, then finely grate zest of 1/4 lemon into pan. Increase to medium heat and cook until gently bubbling.
- Add 1/3 of noodles pushing down into sauce to submerge, followed by 1/3 of mushrooms.
- Repeat with half of the remaining mushrooms and noodles. Top with another layer of noodles. Set remaining mushrooms aside.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover; gently lift and separate the noodles occasionally with tongs or a spatula to let sauce flow around. Let the sauce thicken and the noodles cook through for about 6 to 8 minutes. Mixture should be bubbling gently; adjust heat as necessary. Remove from heat.
- Heat broiler. Top lasagna with mozzarella and reserved mushrooms. Broil until cheese is bubbling and browned in spots for about 2 minutes. Finely grate more lemon zest over. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and season with pepper. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut lemon into wedges and serve with lasagna.